First Day of School
After 2 months of preparing, we are all excited to have the new school year begin.
Here are a few notes for the first day of school:
- The school will be open at 7:45 am. Students should arrive between 7:45 and 8:15. All classes begin at 8:15.
- Please do not let you children out of the vehicle until you come completely around the circle and are in front of the school.
- All students in Grades K to 6 should go directly to their homeroom.
- All students in Grades 7 to 12 should go to their homerooms between 7:45 & 8:15. At 8:15, they should go to their Math class. There will be Orientation at 8:30 for Upper Grade Students, where they will receive information about the schedules and their classes. Please use this link for the location of homerooms and Math classes.
- Holy Mass will be offered at 2:00 pm by Fr. Peffley. Father will give a short juggling demonstration after Mass.
- The pick-up line goes from 3:00 to 3:30 pm. If you arrive after 3:30 pm, please park and come in to pick up your child(ren). All students must be picked up by 4:00 pm, unless they are in an activity with a teacher or coach.
See you Monday.
Books for 2016-2017
In order to simply the book process, please read the following information carefully.
For Grades K to 6: Workbooks will be given out at the beginning of school and you will be invoiced through TADS for the cost. All other books needed will be available to borrow from HFA. Replacement cost may be assessed at the end of the year if books are returned in unusable condition.
For Grades 7 to 12: Here is the Upper School Book List. Most books will be available to purchase, rent or borrow from HFA. The only books that are not available from HFA, are 7th & 8th Science text, 11th Chemistry text and Ignatius Bible (or RSV translation) required for 11th & 12th Theology. (Please consult the book list for ISBN numbers.) All required books not on the list will be loaned to the students when needed. Rental and loaner books will be distributed in class. Book purchasing from HFA may be done on Friday August 19, 8:00 to 10:00 am & Monday August 22, 4:00 to 6:00 pm. There will also be times after school during the first week of school.
Sincerely in Christ,
“Books delight to the very marrow of one’s bones. They speak to us, consult with us, and join with us in a living and intense intimacy.”― Plutarch