Home » Uncategorized (Page 8)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Holy Family’s cell phone policy has been reviewed and UPDATED. The policy is listed in our Parent and Student Handbook, and is reprinted for your convenience below. Please be sure to sign and return the Cell Phone Agreement by Monday, Sept. 14.
- Only 9th–12th graders may bring cell phones or iPods to school.
- All cell phones and iPods must be turned in to the homeroom teacher at 8:15 roll call. Students arriving late must turn in their phones at the front desk when they sign in tardy.
- Students leaving school for the day may pick up their phones from the front desk as they go. This should be the last thing they do before leaving school grounds. Students may not use cell phones in the parking lot without obtaining faculty permission each time.
- Students are forbidden to access the Internet via cell phone at any time while on school property.
Consequences for violations:
- The first time a student violates the school’s policy, he will be fined $20, and the phone or iPod will be returned to a parent at the Headmaster’s discretion.
- Subsequent violations will result in a $50 fine; the phone or iPod will be returned at the Headmaster’s discretion. All fines will be donated to a pro-life charity.
The 2015–2016 Parent and Student handbook is online; please note two updates:
- Cell phone policy (page 3):
- High school students (and only high school students) may bring cell phones onto campus, if needed for after school events.
- During school hours, 8:00–3:30, these phones must remain switched OFF and in the student’s car, or in a closed backpack pocket.
- Before, during, and after school hours, students are forbidden to access the internet via cell phone or other electronic device on school property. Cell phones which are found during school hours, or used to access the internet at school at any time, will be confiscated. A parent may retrieve the cell phone from the Dean.
- The school phone is always available to students for necessary calls. Parents who need to reach children during the school day should call the front desk at (703) 368-6111
- High school boys’ dress code (page 13): High school boys may now wear khaki dress pants, in addition to the approved navy or grey options.
Antigone, this year’s eighth-grade play, has been rescheduled for March 21, 6 p.m. at Holy Family.
We hope to see you there!